Cost of Round the world Ticket

N

Nomad1

Hi There,

Could anyone advise who is the most competitive company pricewise to purchase a round the world flight from, I am looking at heading off at end of June and am looking for a 6 stop flight.

The flights would be starting in Dublin or London then to South America, New Zealand, Australia, Thailand and back to Dublin/London.

Thanks
Mark
Ext 290

Go to Trailfinders or ebookers in Dawson Street; they will be able to help you with good RTW trips for quite competitive prices

A lot of the websites (such as www.Travelocity.com) allow you to plan a multistop trip.
Even if you do not book through them you should play around with it to get an idea of what it will cost you.

I just came back from a 7 stop trip with trailfinders and without a shadow of a doubt they are definitely the best company to go with...I tried usit and a few others now in fairness they were nearly all roughly the same but trailfinders are so professional and friendly and the best thing is the staff in there have traveeled to so many places that they give you recommendations as to wher to go and there not jus trying to sell you stuff... hope this will make your mind up for you..;)

I dealt with gohop.ie who are Atlas Travel on Dame Street and found they very helpful. Also did all communication by email. They provide details of your trip on mytrip.com which means there is no mistake in the bookings.

I would recommend Trailfinders.

A couple of years ago we had a three month trip and we were nearly four hours with the girl there as she organised car hire/hotel in Los Angelos flights and camper van in New Zealand/ferry from north island to south island then on to Australia.

Another camper hired in Sidney to be driven to Cairns then flights to Darwin car hire to drive the Northern Territory to Broome then flight to Perth.

Stopped in Bangkok for five days and again through the excellent service and expertise of the staff in Trailfinders we were met at the airport and had or own personal guide and tours organised for us.

I have no affilation with Trailfinders, just a satisfied customer

Trailfinders or another good established agency would be your best choice.

The limiting factor in your itinerary (which will reduce your choice of fares and push the cost up) is wanting to go from South America (where in SA ?) to New Zealand ... flights between Oz/NZ and South America are very limited - I think it's just LAN Chile & Aerolineas Argentinas who offer any services here - so that limits you a lot (probably to LAN Chile and Oneworld really as I don't think Argentinas is available on any of the RTW fares).

There's much more choice of fares / prices on the Europe-North America-Oz/NZ-Asia-Europe type RTW routings ... Depending on where in South America you want to go to it might prove cheaper to get a RTW ticket via North America and then during your stop overs in North America buy a separate ticket to head south.

Best to talk to a good agent about this for sure - they'll have all the answers really.

Back