cost of oil fired heating system

lockster

Hi, I am currently building a 4,300 sq ft dormer bungalow, and th econtractor has included a high efficiency condensing oil burner, with triple coil 300 litre cylinder and pressurised water pump. I've changed my mind and decided to go geothermal, which I'm letting the builder price but have also priced myself (as I know he will stick on his percentage). My problem is that I've asked the builder to let me know how much he has allowed for the oil system, so I can deduct that figure if I go with the geothermal system I have priced myself. gain I know he will try to screw me on the llowance so that he can do it himself and get his own cut.

My question is can anyone advise how much I should expect him to have allowed. The geothermal crowd will supply all goods and install the system, the builder will just need to excavate for the collector and break into the house for pipework, and connect the plumbing/electrics (all of which would have to be doen for oil also). So I guess he will need to deduct the cost of the burner (high efficiency eg firebird and with an output suitable for the large square footage), the tank, the water cylinder, the pump, all the pipework, insulation etc- am I leaving anything out?, and of course labour/vat.

I'm just looking for a guide, any help appreciated

Back