Cost of Isofix and Bluebooth

Newbie!

Hi,

we are just about to buy a 2010 ford focus and as an extra the garage is quoting is €150 to put in an isofix base and another €250 to put in bluetooth (not sure of brand). Does that sound quite high?

Sounds about normal for the bluetooth. Whether it's worth it to you is your own business.

I thought Isofix could only be installed at the time of manufacture of the car and that it couldn't be installed retrospectively. Could be wrong though.

Thanks,

I called a Ford Parts and they said the Isofix base is about €60/70 and only takes about 30mins to fit so the fitting wouldn't be expensive. This sounds low compared with Norfbanks figures.

We decided to leave the bluetooth. Staples is right in that, it probably isn't worth it to us right now.

We're trying to negotiate a discount or freebie before buying car. So far we've only gotten a years tax (€104)...will keep working on him.

We're trying to negotiate a discount or freebie before buying car. So far we've only gotten a years tax (€104)...will keep working on him.

Thats pretty poor,he is not the only show in town,time to visit other garages methinks.

Hi,

we are just about to buy a 2010 ford focus and as an extra the garage is quoting is €150 to put in an isofix base and another €250 to put in bluetooth (not sure of brand). Does that sound quite high?

Pretty advanced toddler you have there!

I called a Ford Parts and they said the Isofix base is about €60/70 and only takes about 30mins to fit so the fitting wouldn't be expensive. This sounds low compared with Norfbanks figures.

Now I'm confused.
The base takes about 30 seconds to fit.
What base is the garage offering to fit as maybe there are cheaper bases that cannot be removed as quickly as the ones I have in mind??

These would be the market leading isofix ones.

Easifix :

[broken link removed]

Familyfix:

[broken link removed]

ISOFIX is a part of your car thats welded to the frame. you can then buy whatever base you like that is isofix compatible and connect it up in 30 seconds.

me personally i would buy the isofix and bluetooth aftermarket as thats all the garage are doing and making a little bit of profit on top also.

the isofix base you can pick up in Mothercare, mamas and papas etc etc even argos.

the bluetooth can be done yourself although 250e is not totally rip off, dealer may only be making about 30-50e on this.

Isofix is a standard not an extra

Isofiz is a standard, as has been pointed out it either comes as part of the car frame or doesn't. Most modern cars do support Isofix and most isofix car seat bases can be fitted with a belt if isofix not supported in the car. Don't pay for a half hour of mechanics time.

Hi,

You can but the isofix bracket from Ford & fit it yourself (2 Bolts)
i think its about €30
looks like this one- [broken link removed]:)

Back