Cost of hiring band for a party.

battyee

I am planning to hire a 3 or 4 piece band for a birthday party in a Dublin hotel.Would like them to play for a maximum of 2 hours. Last year I was at a wedding where a 4 piece & very ordinary group cost 2,500 Euro.What price should I expect to pay?

at least 1k i would say. Remember 4 people to be paid and if they are doing this for a living they will have a min pay per night. But i'd say 1k upwards for a 4 piece.

It depends on the type of band you want,type of music they play, distance they have to travel and night of the week. Also a professional, full time act with a manager and sound engineer will cost more than a amateur type outfit who play part time . A 1000e is a decent starting point. I suppose it's a case of you get what you pay for:)

Thanks guys for info. I have just got a quote from a band called 20th. Century Gold for 2,600 Euro but then found they were n/a for the night I wanted. Seemed a lot for a band I'd never heard of so will try for one nearer the 1K or even slightly more mark.

Thanks guys for info. I have just got a quote from a band called 20th. Century Gold for 2,600 Euro but then found they were n/a for the night I wanted. Seemed a lot for a band I'd never heard of so will try for one nearer the 1K or even slightly more mark.

they are over priced. Seen them many times. Try the prickly pairs. 7 piece all live and amazing ( played at my wedding last week )

Or just go get a Dj:p

Hi battyee,

What type of music are you looking for? And where/when is the party? I know a very good four-piece band that regularly do weddings, parties and pub gigs. I'm sure they'd do it for 1K if it's in Dublin.

Back