Cost of Fitting Kitchen

Cameo

I have been quoted 1500 for fitting kitchen

Kitchen is high gloss being purchased from Cash and Carry

Cost of materials including natural wood worktops is about 6K

Kitchen covers about 28 ft of workspace, and fitting includes putting in extractor fan and plumbing for new sink. Does not include tiling or any electrics, installing new integrated hob and oven.

Does this seem reasonable?

Thanks in advance

If you live in Dublin, that's about right as its a total rip off anyway. €1500 outside - is very expensive in my book. Would expect same for cash at €600-€750. Two or two and half days work for one person (if they know what they are doing). Google self assembly fitters in the search engine for more information. What part of the country do you live?

Hi MichaelDes

Yip I'm in Dublin alright so target for a rip off - the guy who quoted in doing as a nixer - I would have thought it would only take two long days to fit.

700 odd a day with no tax seems pretty good if you can get it.......

that is very steep for a nixer allright.

how many units/cupboards are there?
you should try get a quote elsewhere.
if you want to pm me i can give you a name of someone.

We just got a kitchen installed by Nolans Kitchens and found them excellent. originally it the cost was 13.5k but i then added some extra that brought it up to 18k. That excluded all the appliances but incl granite.

I think 15 k is about right from a kitchen company that also install but i would have thought a kitchen from Cash & Carry / In-house would be a lttle cheaper.

Hi MichaelDes

Yip I'm in Dublin alright so target for a rip off - the guy who quoted in doing as a nixer - I would have thought it would only take two long days to fit.

700 odd a day with no tax seems pretty good if you can get it.......

In some parts of N.W. of Ireland you'd get this nixer for max €400 locally with a good tradesman to boot. If they travel from Newry etc and you are on that side of Dublin, you should get a much cheaper N.I. rate (see the white vans going up and down M1). Contractors in Dublin talk stupid in this regard and glad to see their salaries downgraded from eastern persons competing strongly.

I had a kitchen fitted about a month ago, great job done. Was originally going to buy from cash & carry (kitchen cost €4500) and they referred a fitter who was doing the job for €600. It might be worth pricing the fitter they recommend.

we got a ridiculous quote for a tiny kitchen think the guy just didn't want the job, ended up doing it ourselves.

Thanks all for the advice. Got a guideline quote from C&C kitchens - they suggest 16% or so of the value of the kitchen - works out a lot less than 1500 quoted for what we we're looking at.

Looks like we will rejig design and when we firm up on it get some solid quotes. Thanks again for advice and I'll provide an update of how much we got the job done for when complete.

Don't rush into re-designing just to save on the fitting. You'll be enjoying your kitchen long after the bitter taste of the installation bill has gone.

C & C guideline prices on fitting are usually reasonably close to reality. Talk to them, and their recommended guys.

I've heard as a guideline it is 10%, that was 2006, so shouldn't have shot up that much!