Cost of demolition and rebuild

hiagain

We were thinking of demolishing a semi-detached house and rebuild. How much do you think this would cost? From looking at other posts it seems that €100 a sq foot would be about average, but what about the demolition and clearing the site?? Also we would probably hope to build a very similar front to the new house

Where are you? Whats your access like? Whats the existing house front you would like to replicate?
You would also have the additional expenses of protecting the adjoining house.

Demolishing a standalone house is not hard but not sure about a semi-detached... A digger-man will do it in one day. Best to remove the windows beforehand though. The diggerman can bury some of the rubble but otherwise you will need a few skips and that might cost.

I'm not sure that the digger man could legally bury some of the rubble and I reckon that you'd need more than a few skips. Maybe a few lorries. And dumping a lorry load mightn't be cheap.

There was a post a while back (boom times) on rebuilding costs and someone said it cost them 40k to clear the site! The days of tipping a farmer a few bob to fill a hole are gone.

I used a grab truck about 5 weeks ago to move soil/rubble from my home after i dug up my driveway. It was a lot cheaper than a skip. i just piled the muck and he came and went within 20 mins. Cost me E328. he took away about 3 skip loads in 1 load.