Cost of converting a garage

naheem

Hello

i am just looking for an idea of the costs of converting a garage. We would want to put in a utility & wc and use the conversion as a kids play room. Has anyone done this, how long would it take and a ballpark figure for the cost would be great.

Thanks

Thanks Suellen

i have read through the majority of the posts but not many gave a price for recent garage conversion. Whilst i know each job is uniquely different i would have thought that the conversion of a garage into additional room or additional room and wc perhaps would be similar scale projects.

we are looking to breakthrough a wall into our garage and put additional room and bathroom. it all needs insulated and floor raised slightly and stud partition put up and we have been given a quote of €15,000 only for the building side of it. (this seems pretty high), and when you add on all electrical and plumbing (incl bathroom suite) etc would send the total cost to closer to 30k for a basic garage conversion.

Does anyone else have comments on recent garage conversions and even more importantly any recommendations on a builder who would do an honest days work for an 'honest' days pay !