Cost of conversion

T

t0350184

Hi
My girlfriends parents have a garage seperate from their house which is approx 40ftx24ft. We are thinking of converting it to a small home with 2 bedrooms, bathroom and open plan living room and kitchen. The external wall is a 9" block so we have to cavity walls and put insulation and plaster board up.We also have to raise the floor about three feet with dwarf walls. The ceiling has to be insulated and sheet wood has to be put up.The vast majority of it will be self-build. The bedrooms will be roughly 12x12 and the bathroom 10x8. The rest should be all open plan. Does anybody have a rough price what it would cost to build the internal walls, floor and ceiling?

Thanks
Trevor

P.S The house is in County Limerick

ya I have to apply to the local county council for that but I was just looking for a rough estimate for the cost of doing something like this if anybody knew.

ya I have to apply to the local county council for that but I was just looking for a rough estimate for the cost of doing something like this if anybody knew.
Probably more meaningful to get a few people out to quote for the work?

Well my father is a carpenter so he can do most of the work.he had being out of the trade a few years now so he doesn't know the prices. why won't I get planning permission for it anyway?all i'm changing is the internal use of the building.nothing external will be changed.it has the windows in place and a door.

Want to put a bet on it then Vanilla? Ring up any Planning Dept. and see what they say.

You know very little about this particular property to make such a big leap. I would think anyone would need more specific information before making any assumption.

I thought he meant that the planning department can apprise you of the specific nature of Superman's powers?

Back