Cost of Complete Build in South East?

Cashstrapped

We've just purchased a site on the Kilkenny Carlow Border (Subject to Planning). Would anyone have any idea of the sq ft costs of a Bungalow of about 1700sq ft. Also does the quote price per sq ft usually only cover the build or would it include elecs/ fireplace/ kitchen etc.?
Thanks in advance.

Can't help with the second part but we were quoted c.90-100 per sq ft for calculating what we could get for our budget.

(same area as you)

Thanks AlastairSC, had heard figure of €130/€140 per sq ft being mentioned, frightened us a bit.

It all depends on what you put into the house but you could definetly get away with €90/100. It is probably best to budget around €110/120 per sqr foot so you can leave room for some nice to have items!!!

Thanks Ccon, does that mean the €120sq ft option would include things like fireplace/ kitchen etc or do you mean allow €100sq ft for construction and roughtly another €20 per sq ft to fit it out?

If you are going direct labour it would be €120 per sq ft for everything....

Its usually between €110 and €120 per square foot and thats for the shell of
the house, no kitchen fireplace, bathroom suite etc..

This could increase if you go for a house that has lots of features on the
outside and as such require longer man hours to do resulting in higher labour
costs.

Most builders do free estimates so get the plans of what you think you want
drawn up and then get quotes..

I.C

Cashstrapped ,

A frien of mine who is a quantity surveyor for a major contractor in waterford city who also contracts for one off builds told me last weekend that the current going rate there is around €105 to €110 per sq/ft . My Architect is telling me €140 per sq/ft for a top notch finish incl flooring
tiling / kitchen + white goods !! .