Cost of changing Gas Boiler

ophelia

Just wondering if anyone has done this recently. I am replacing my 14 year old gas boiler for a fairly standard new one. Have been quoted E2,000, to include labour. I thought it was a bit expensive.

My parents recently replaced their 7 yr old boiler (which wasn't worth repairing again!) and paid €3000. So your quote doesn't sound too bad!

hi Ophelia

The boiler cost the plumber about €800 and the job should only take about 4 hours or so.I replaced mine last week.I did get quotes for €2,000 €2,500.my uncle got me somebdy to fit it for €500 and he supplied the boiler as he has a plumbing business.but €2000 is the standard price you will get.I was lucky i had my uncle as a contact.

Thank you both, Just wanted to make sure that it was a fair price; looks like it is.

What part of the country you in? The boiler will cost between 700 and 900 euro. If its a stairght swap it would only take over half a day. I bet you can get a qoute for around 1500 to 1600 euro. even at that the profit for installer is high.

I'm in Dublin, and I probably should have said that it includes a new pump, clock and other little dial thingy (which I have forgotten the name of)

one thing to watch out for is the quality of the finish - I had a new boiler fitted last year and they made a mess of my kitchen tiles and the back wall - a really ugly job. Looking back I think it was the young guys first job - he was supervised but only on and off. I complained and they came back but the damage was done and their efforts didn't make it much better.

Back