cost of car servicing

J

jerry2623

I wonder how can you work out the cost of car servicing.
I just had my car serviced it was 180 euro for the full service plus 250 euro for brake shoes and pads for the 4 wheels . He now wants a further 250 to repalce the timing belt . The car is a 99 toyoto avansis with nothing special .I just wonder what other people pay I feel I have been Done

Have you rang around to get another quote for replacing a timing belt?

I had my van serviced recently and it cost over 2K, for a 2001 Transit!.. this included a lot of work, including a drive shaft, three new tires, new starter motor, new mirrors, lights, wipers etc, all labour and diagnosis.. so it can easily add up.. in my case the van is driving mch better now so I'm happy enough to be honest.

A 60,000km service for my Nissan at the main dealer (including brake pads) costs 750 Euro and that's Romanian prices. A timing belt change would be about the same.

Seems the prices you are getting charged (particularly the timing belt) are pretty OK for Ireland.

A 60,000km service for my Nissan at the main dealer (including brake pads) costs 750 Euro and that's Romanian prices. A timing belt change would be about the same.

OT I know but - bloody hell!

I assume the cost of living in Romania is low otherwise though?

To the OP - nothing extortionate about those prices IMO. Just bad timing that everything needed to be done at once.

C'mon, be honest - have you neglected the car a bit?

€250 sounds very reasonable, I would make sure they are using a genuine belt or a Gates one as some other brands may not last so well.

If the timing belt is due a change 250 is pretty cheap. Don't know about the rest.

Your last comment is really offensive though.

Not sure if the offensive comment/postwas deleted but if not I didn't see much in OP's original post which could be deemed offensive??

OT I know but - bloody hell!

Also OT...bloody hell is right. You can still live really nice (and I mean really, really nice) out here for buttons except the month the stupid car needs a service!

To the OP. Shop around but I honestly think the prices you are quoting are reasonable.