Cost of building a small shed

asking7

Can anyone give me a rough cost estimate for building a small domestic shed? 400sq ft, Slated roof, 1 large garage door, 2 4ft windows, 1 standard size door

We got a quotation of EUR 19500 for the same except only one windows, we already have the garage door so it wasn't include in the price.
We thought it was expensive so we are waiting to see others.

20k! Sweet holy, do you have a merc in the drive that made them ramp up the price? I have no idea what they cost but it's a few blocks, no plaster, no major skill involved. Were you getting lots of wiring and stuff done?

No that is the worst part, no wiring required as my husband is going to do it. We did not want anything fancy at all and we were quite shock at the estimate. Despite the downturn in the construction industry, it is hard to find someone to turn up, to give you a quote without inflating the price. The only thing fancy was the same stonebrick at the front to match the house.

PS: No merc in the driveway, but it was dark when the builder turn up and he could have been confused and thought it was one with a quote like that.

PS: No merc in the driveway, but it was dark when the builder turn up and he could have been confused and thought it was one with a quote like that.
Holy Mother - what a price (++++) With that pricing the builder must have showed up in a Bentley.

Did somebody mention the word small? 400ft2 is the size of two decent lounges. And at E50 psf, the price does not seem excessive. Remember, a decent foundation, access, matching adjoining residence etc., all come into play. In reality you are building a small house.

I've estimated quickly the following as a breakdown of the costs;

400 ft2 - that's about 6m x 6m garage;
Excavate footings and prepare - €500
Load of ready mix concrete for footing - €800
Labour for concreting footing - €200
Hardcore infill/ deadwork blocks to floor level + labour - €1600
Load of ready mix concrete for floor - €800
Labour to lay floor - €300
Blocks/lintels - €1200
Cement/sand - €700
Labour for blocks - €2000
Windows/doors - €1200
Roof materials (timbers and slates) - €1000
Roof labour - €1200
Plastering sand/cement - €800
Plastering labour - €1000
Miscellaneous - €2000

TOTAL - €15,300

Have I left anything out?
Might help you

Had a teacher in a relevant subject last night say how in Dublin you can name your price such is the demand. Maybe in another six months the price will fall as the number of houses being built falls off. Trades people are spoilt for choice at the moment with young fellas who never had to do small jobs to make cash so they turn their noses up at them.