Healthcare costs - not insurance Cost of audiology test and recommendation?

Up Rovers

I'm looking to get an independent audiology test and wondering how much this would cost? Also need a recommendation as to where to get it done as I do not intend getting hearing aids even if they are recommended. Because I don't want hearing aids I don't want to go to any of the high street suppliers who would give me the hard sell.

Thanks in advance.

I had an audiology test in a well known optical chain who also offer and encourage free hearing tests. I was surprised to be told I would benefit greatly from hearing aids. But the test was done in the corner of a busy shop with lots of background noise, of course the results were skewed.

I then had an audiology test with Kelly Hearing on Upper Leeson Street earlier this year, cost €100, no hard sell, some mild hearing loss but not enough to warrant hearing aids.

I had an audiology test in a well known optical chain who also offer and encourage free hearing tests. I was surprised to be told I would benefit greatly from hearing aids. But the test was done in the corner of a busy shop with lots of background noise, of course the results were skewed.

I then had an audiology test with Kelly Hearing on Upper Leeson Street earlier this year, cost €100, no hard sell, some mild hearing loss but not enough to warrant hearing aids.
I also had an audiology test from Kelly Hearing and I was very impressed by the service. I cant remember how much it cost but it wasnt too expensive.

I'm looking to get an independent audiology test and wondering how much this would cost? Also need a recommendation as to where to get it done as I do not intend getting hearing aids even if they are recommended. Because I don't want hearing aids I don't want to go to any of the high street suppliers who would give me the hard sell.

Thanks in advance.
I'm feeling very magnanimous this morning, after the match last night. Very happy to help a Rovers fan with a recommendation. Kelly Hearing are very good.

#CMONTHETOWN

Glad you posted this as I've been thinking of getting an independent test, hate the hard sell and constant follow-up emails and phone calls from a certain supplier.

Thanks for all the replies, appreciate them a lot. Will give Kelly Hearing a call and see how I get on.

Spesavers do a free test. When i was applying for disability i needed an audiogram for my GP and specsavers did it for free.

Back