cost of a granny flat?

tina27a

Just wondering has anyone built one of these lately and how much they cost.MIL is selling her house and her daughter is going to build a granny flat and we are guessing at somewhere between 30 and 50 thousand for a one bedroom with a kitchen come living room and a bathroom.
We know that plans have to be drawn up but if anyone has any info it would be gratefuly accepted.Thanks
Forgot to say it wouldn't be on to her house it would be a seperate unit.

Re: cost of a granny flat.?????

tina27a, please respect the re 'bumping' posts. Your original query was posted only late last night...

Off the top of my head, €30~€50K sounds a bit on the low side for what you've described, but others may disagree. Why don't yo post more specific information — total area, your location, existing plumbing/sewage/electrical 'infrastructure', distance from the main dwelling, state of the site, etc.?

Re: cost of a granny flat.?????

I am in a situation where I may be buying the family home and building a granny flat at the side. Its a 3 bed semi and the GF would be where the existing garage is now. If anybody could share their experiences of a similar project, costs etc that would be great.