Cost for installing a satellite ?

darraghdog

Hi Folks,
I bought a satellite some time ago at Lidl. It's a silvercrest 80cm dish. Can anyone give me a ballpark picture, how much I should expect to pay to have this installed. I have a new enough semi-d, and it need to be put up the back of the house in west Dublin.
Thanks,
Darragh.

For your basic satellite, you would be better off going to the Koreans or maybe the Chinese. They are keen to develop their launch technology and so you can get a bargain for about $7.5 million all-in. Don't go with the Russians - poor technology. Americans are way over priced and behind schedule.

z

Ah, you meant a satellite dish . . . I see. That changes everything.

z

Darraghdog, I had my satellite dish installed half a year ago by a guy from the golden pages , he has a standard fee of 100 euro, it took him about 2 hours as it was hard to actually find a spot with decent recption. I'd say that would be the going rate. As far as I am concerned it was 100 Euro well spent

there is plenty of info on this topic at boards . ie , it's quiet easy to do yourself . Give it a try on the ground first , find a place where you can see the sun at 10:00am and also clearly see the TV . Set up the Tv , box and dish , switch on the box and get programme ARD or ZDF on the favourite list ... and slowly move the dish ( dish is standing upright ) . If you' are successful , you have the German channels on Astra 19 , BBC is just to the east of this position but a bit harder to lock onto . Step 2 involves a ladder and drill to put the dish on the house , it does not have to be high up.

PJQ

For anyone who is interested I spotted an ad in this month's Sky Mag whereby you can get 2 Sky packages, plus the dish for €99 for 6 months. It seems like a good offer, you don't need to sign up for 12 months + you have the dish installed for the free-to-air channels after that. I met a guy the other day who has the Skybox free-to-air and he said it cost €500 for the lot (including installation).

Back