Corporate Xmas gifts

Dinny

Hi,

It is that time of the year again that we are discussing Christmas gifts to clients. We usually give out wine, spirits and some salmon. Can we reclaim VAT back on any gifts and does anyone have a good supplier of wines and spirits that you could recommend. Current budget around €7000 and we are based in Dublin

Any advice would be grateful.

Thanks
Dinny

If the gifts cost over €20, you must self account for the VAT.

[broken link removed]

Nige,

Thanks for the reply. Does it mean that if i give a bottle of wine worth €19.99 to a client can i reclaim the VAT on this .

Thanks

Dinny

You can reclaim the VAT on all corporate gifts, but if they cost more than €20 you also have to self account for the VAT. So stick to the €19.99 bottles!

We have used winesdirect on previous occasions and the quality has been excellent

Niall

what about the posting from Nige from the revenue above

Regards

Denis

At the risk of getting shot...............

Would you consider a donation to charity instead? I work in an office block with an Advertising Agency and the amount of Christmas Booty they receive is nothing short of shocking. I am talking about case after case after case of fine wines, champagne, hampers etc.,etc.,etc.

I understand the pressure/need (?) to do what other competitors in the same sector do but will you lose orders?

Just a thought.

mf
Rabid anti- consumer, anti-shopping, anti materialistic-society soap boxer.

We do give a good bit of money to charity, and understand your point, but we have to be some what commerical.

Back