Health Insurance Corporate Plans

Ferdinand

Hi

I hear that corporate plans are cheaper but they are very difficult to find on each providers website. Is there a list of corporate plans offered by each provider? I've had continuous basic cover for a number of years. I am mid 40s, pretty healthy but want to be covered for serious illness (cancer, heart issues) in private hospitals. I don't need GP, dental day to day cover. Any advice appeciated

All plans are detailed on the Health Insurance Authority's website.

You can compare any plan available (including the plethora of "corporate" plans) across all providers in the country. You can also tailor the search to your particular preferences and compare to your existing plan.

Thanks for your response. I should have mentioned that I had already checked HIA website. I don't find it at all helpful

Hi Ferdinand,

Welcome to AAM. Firstly there is no list of corporate plans to read as such.
Also, they usually include day to day cover as part of the plan, which is not on your list of requirements.
They are usually mentioned in newspaper articles about health insurance or by Dermot Goode (broker) on radio on occasions.
The ones I'm aware of are Laya Simply Connect, Laya Simply Connect Plus, Laya Simplicity, Laya Connect Simplicity.
Irish Life 4D Health 1 to 5 range, Irish Life Health Plan 16.1. VHI PMI 07 10, Company Plan Plus Level 1.2, VHI PMI 36 13, VHI 35 13.

There is probably more to add to that list, both lower priced and more expensive.
If you decide what level of inpatient excess you are happy with in private or hi-tech hospitals, its a good starting point.
Another good feature to look for is a plan with a capped inpatient excess per year, this means that theres a limit on the max excess
per year for all admissions.
Examples; VHI PMI 07 10, VHI One plan 500, VHI One Plan 250, VHI One Plan 150.
Irish Life Benefit Plan, Irish Life Benefit 1 or 2.
Laya Simply Connect, Laya Simply Connect Plus, Laya Simplicity, Laya Connect Simplicity, Laya Essential Health 300.

Regards, Snowyb

Back