Corolla 1.4 D4D

rjt

Has anyone any experience with this car? Thinking of buying one. Have no doubts about reliability, but am wondering is the 1.4 D underpowered, and is the fuel economy as good as they say. Have taken a test drive, but would like opinions. Cheers.

Hey RJT,
Younger brother bought the 1.4 D4D.It's a comercial, he loves it.I had a drive and must sayI was impressed, thought it would be dead but no.Feels solid on the road and comfortable to drive.Plus 1000Km per fill of diesel according to Toyota, which he says is true.Alloys,fog lights,cd, and rear spoiler so it looks good too.

horgak said:
.Plus 1000Km per fill of diesel according to Toyota,

I also get 1000Kms per fill with my 911SC... I simply got an extra tank fitted on the whaletail which makes total capacity of 250 litres
All of that to say that "1000Kms per fill " means nothing unless you quantity how many litres a fill takes...

How many people say "This car is great. I only need to fill the tank every 2 weeks"... But, in 2 weeks, did you drive 3 times to the shop around the corner or did you travel 3 times from Dublin to Kerry and back??

Anyway, i am sure this is a very very economical car to drive...but is it not seriously under-powered with a 1.4l D ?

Bought one in January this year. Think its great. I get approx 900km per tank. I drive approx 1000km per week, maybe a little more. Its a little dead until it gets to above 2000 reves but once you reach that it takes off.

I heard they are very hard to get and if you do manage to get one you are very lucky....I think they have more power than the 1.4petrol and will probably depreciate very very slowly

The old model was fine in the 1.4 but I have driven the new model & it is underpowered.
Nice car though