Cork: Waterfall, Ballinhassig, Innishannon, Riverstick

O

Oriana

Hi,

We have to move to Cork in the next six months. We have two children in primary school. Does anyone have any info about Waterfall, Ballinhassig or Innishannon areas? Being near a good school is a real priority and my husband will be working in Cork city so a reasonable commute time is NB. Our budget is about 500k. We would rather live in a country setting so is that budget realistic? Also, someone mentioned Belgooly/Riverstick as an option???
Any info would be really appreciated as we don't have a clue about Cork!!!

Thanks a million!

Re: Waterfall, Ballinhassig, Innishannon, Riverstick

Try the waterfall area. Not too far from Bishopstown,, 3-4 miles where there are plenty of good schools and colleges. Relatively easy commute into the city and easy access to the ballincollig bypass and the Cork city road network
Lots of airplanes fly over parts of the Ballinhassig area, Innishannon lovely area but with longer commute to city and local town Bandon.

Re: Waterfall, Ballinhassig, Innishannon, Riverstick

Thanks for the info! Do you know anything about Belgooly/Riverstick area?

Belgooly and Riverstick are 2 nice villages on route to Kinsale. There has been a lot of development in these villages in the past celtic tiger era so it may be possible to pick up a nice property there. On the down side the commute to cork and the ensuing morning traffic close to the city can be an arduous ask. There are primary schools in these villages but i'm not sure about secondary schools. On the plus side is the proximity of the town of Kinsale and the adjoining coastal area.
My preference would be the waterfall area but that's just my choice in all of your places of interest.
Hope that helps.

Back