Cork St, Dublin, near Coombe Hospital

theo2008

Hi all,

Going to be living on Cork St, near Coombe Hospital this year and am slightly concerned about the area. What are people's general views of it, safe place to live?

You will probably get mixed reviews on the area - but for what it's worth, having lived in the area for about 9 years and Cork St itself for about 2, I love the area. I'm a single female, living on my own and have never had any concerns for my safety. It's really handy to town - the only thing the area is missing in my opinion is a decent pub.

I am a foreigner (Asian) who has lived about 9 years near the cork street. it's handy to travel to city centre (35 mins by walking). people are ok, as you know, you could have bad people next to you anywhere.. thank god I have two neighbours at two sides, they are friendly people in my street.

But I had bad experience near Marrowbone Lane about 2 years ago, A teenager was drunk (prob on drug as well) and beat me up in the street for no reason around 7pm. I think that scumbag could beat anyone in the street not because I am a Chinese.

About area near Cork Street, it really depends where to go and when you go.......

I've lived on Cork Street for the past 2 and a half years and I love it. I am a female in my 20's by the way, and on the petite side and I have never once felt unsafe. It is a bit rough about the edges but also a lot of professionals live here. As for convenience, it's a brilliant location. Lots of bus routes on the street, shops, steady flow of taxis, short walk to town, luas stop, Lidl, centra, near St. James's.

it's an inner city area but then again you know that since your gonna be living there....so it has inner city traits - walking distance to city, convenience, also drug addicts and inner city scum bags....its generally a grand area if u keep yourself to yourself but as xiong points out u can be in the wrong place at wrong time

Back