Cork/Dublin train

Ravima

Whats the cheapest way to travel? I need overnight return from Cork to Dublin to Cork.

Is it possible to get cheap single tikets through credit union/work union or other agency, that is cheaper than the stated Iarnrod Eireann ticket?

I d think the bus from Dublin at Busaras to Cork is the cheapest. if you get someone with a student card to buy it for you its something like 10 euro each way.
The bus leaves you in a pretty central location along the Quays there.

regarding the trains I've found buying a return ticket has always made sense for me because its actually not much more than a single ticket.

Whats the cheapest way to travel? I need overnight return from Cork to Dublin to Cork.

Is it possible to get cheap single tikets through credit union/work union or other agency, that is cheaper than the stated Iarnrod Eireann ticket?
I don't think you'll do any better than the standard return fare (ca. €59 these days, I think?) - we used to be able to get single tickets through work, but at promotional rates, they were about half the return fare anyway.

You said it yourself - get tickets at your local credit unon for the train. Bus is cheaper but takes longer. Go to Bus Eireann website for special fares. You could also check private operators i.e. Aircoach.

Air Coach pick up at Patricks Quay Cork, Drop Off Westmoreland Street Dublin or to Dublin Airport. €18 Return!! And its faster than bus eireann. They have a web site www.aircoach.ie

Are there ever any problems with Airbus with the bus filling up on Fri / Sun evenings? Do they put on extra buses etc?

Never heard of picking up rail tickets through a CU, so no idea how cheap/expensive they might be.

Bus will be the cheapest option, but the journey is a long one.

It is possible to pick up flights cheaper than the standard rail ticket (~€45 last time I checked on flights vs. €59 rail), but as always depends on when you're travelling.

Given the location of the airports and where you're travelling to, it might be faster (and cheaper) to travel by rail (both train stations with central locations, both airports a fair journey away from city centre).