Cork County Council and Planning

Little Sis

Please some .. please please help me ...

I have moved into a house about 6 weeks - Lovely georgeous - Checked the County Development Plan 2003 and nothing to obscure my beautiful view over the quite woods and river bank. My house is in an estate of about 70 houses located in the suburbs of Cork and with a shopping centre at the edge ...

Now, a local builder is planning to build 200 houses in property behind the wood and apparently with the "nod" from the Council will erect a footbridge (i.e. a magnet for every, teenager, beer swilling blood hound) which will allow access to the shopping centre THROUGH MY QUIET NEW HOME !!!!

How can this be? what can one do? I have strecthed myself in the purhcase of this new house and will be unable to sell ... Advice greatly appreciated (esp wrt where I can buy a shot gun .. either for me or one of the local councillors who voted to zone the very unsuitably located land residental in the first place)

LS

is this the one in glanmire? surely they can't allow access through your home or am i missreading?
if its the one near glanmire, then it caught my eye only because planning was being sought for 700! houses

Little Sis said:
Please some .. please please help me ...

I have moved into a house about 6 weeks - Lovely georgeous - Checked the County Development Plan 2003 and nothing to obscure my beautiful view over the quite woods and river bank. My house is in an estate of about 70 houses located in the suburbs of Cork and with a shopping centre at the edge ...

Now, a local builder is planning to build 200 houses in property behind the wood and apparently with the "nod" from the Council will erect a footbridge (i.e. a magnet for every, teenager, beer swilling blood hound) which will allow access to the shopping centre THROUGH MY QUIET NEW HOME !!!!

How can this be? what can one do? I have strecthed myself in the purhcase of this new house and will be unable to sell ... Advice greatly appreciated (esp wrt where I can buy a shot gun .. either for me or one of the local councillors who voted to zone the very unsuitably located land residental in the first place)

LS

The thing to do is to send an objection to the planning permission, listing your reasons, and make sure your neighbours do the same. Then be prepapred to appeal to An Bord Planeola (sorry for the spelling!) if necessary. Take advice on what are valid planning objections - for example, your lovely view is not a valid objection, while issues of parking, traffic etc are. Good luck - I have objected to a couple of unsuitable developments in my area and have been succesful.

Back