Cork city extension

Kieranmal

Looking to build a 15 sqm extension onto existing extension,will be knocking existing 4 meter external wall to join into house.old extension and new all done in trocal approx 45 sqm.3 new pvc Windows and 3.5 meter pvc sliding door to be added and pocket sliding doors from living room to new kitchen in load bearing wall,ope be roughly 1.6 meters.any ideas of rough price to include standard tiling,painting and electrics in new extension.location cork city

There are a number of calculators online that will give you an idea. €2,000 per sqm is often quoted as a ball park, but overall size, site conditions and finishes will all be a factor. A small extension like this is likely to cost more per sqm than a larger one as you lose out on efficiencies of scale.

You will require planning permission for this one, so that will add to the costs.

Tnx for the reply Leo,2000 including vat I presume.Ive read that for smaller extensions m2 price goes up alright but we are doing renovations works in the old extension like knocking a few stud walls and re flooring and painting and new lighting so I’m hoping they take that into consideration when pricing the extension.Ill have 50k to spend but if needed with a few months I could do 60 k at a push so hoping it will be enough.Its an end of terrace house im hoping it is straight forward enough,we will be making the new room l shape to avoid having to deal with a manhole.

,we will be making the new room l shape to avoid having to deal with a manhole.

Have the builders look at that, it's possible move them. It might cost a little more but it might yield a much better result.

Ya I was thinking of bridging it but I’m uncertain if 50-60 k is enough for wat we want to get done in today’s market so was just trying to keep costs down so we could afford an extension and renovations instead of just getting renovations

Just got a quote of 1100 including vat for builders finish ,should I be worried that it’s a bit on the cheap side?

Just got a quote of 1100 including vat for builders finish ,should I be worried that it’s a bit on the cheap side?

Per sq m? It is cheap alright, but only someone familiar with the site and scope of works can say for sure. Does that include all prep for the planning application and oversight and sign-off for building regs compliance?

It doesn’t include planning prep and I’ll have to ask about building regs.He contacted today say that maybe doing the job in timber frame as an option with kore insulation foundation system as it would involve less labour and bring down the duration of the job but no price on that yet.

It doesn’t include planning prep and I’ll have to ask about building regs.He contacted today say that maybe doing the job in timber frame as an option with kore insulation foundation system as it would involve less labour and bring down the duration of the job but no price on that yet.

Make sure you have someone independent lined up to sign-off on compliance.

Will do,is this during the works or at the end.

Sorry, missed that. They need to be engaged during so they can see everything is being done correctly, if they don't see the detail they won't be able to sign-off on it afterwards.

Back