Cork bin charges up again

K

keith mac

I am again caught in a goverment monoply - price hike again with no service improvement...can anybody help me here

In both the city and county there are a number of private operators collecting refuse.

Keep an eye out for their wheelie bins as you travel around, they all have contact numbers on them. Give them a call and check their rates.

We're in the county and have been with Wiser for the past 6 weeks. Cost is a flat €360 per annum for regular refuse and recyclables collection. No problems so far.

Actually i was down at douglas court on saturday and came across a company called greenstar - they offer glass collection and more recycling and there cost is only €324.....

Came across really professionally and they have been in cork for quite a while according to their sales people....

Think i will give them a go!

any body used them or heard of them?

I thought it was €325 for a year?
They also include glass collection.

With Bin Collections, it's service, service, service.

Don't automatically go with the cheaper, they many be inefficient and 'forget' to collect your bins.

BM

I thought it was €325 for a year?
They also include glass collection.

Signed up with them in January and paid €180 for 6 months; so €360 for the year if they don't increase their rates in July.

We also had to pay €45 for the eco-bin; the refuse and glass bins were provided without additional charge

Signed up with them in January and paid €180 for 6 months; so €360 for the year if they don't increase their rates in July.

We also had to pay €45 for the eco-bin; the refuse and glass bins were provided without additional charge

I signed up for 12 months for €325.

Was that this year?

I was told I could only pay for 6 months, but if it turns out I could have paid for the whole year more cheaply, I'll be getting back onto them!

i think both of you are talking about different companies....

the company i saw in Douglas court at the weekend was a company called Greenstar (they say they are Ireland largest waste service provider). They offer 2 refuse collection 3 recyclables and 1 glass - 6 a month. I also asked about the service elements and they re-assured saying they were in Wicklow, Kilkenny, wexford, waterford etc....

They charge €324 for the year or €162 (you can also pay monthly)...i am going to sign up they are advertising everywhere at the moment.....They look good to me...

Was that this year?

I was told I could only pay for 6 months, but if it turns out I could have paid for the whole year more cheaply, I'll be getting back onto them!

I rang them up and your man asked if I wanted 6 months or 12 months.

Just got a leaflet in the door advertising Greenstar and am tempted to move from The Cork Co Co. I'm just wondering if the people above are happy with the service provided by Greenstar? Any missed collections etc? Thanks.