Cork- Best Way To Get There?

Just to confirm the Circus is setting up a stones throw from the hotel at the moment. I don't see it causing any major problems but the warning in advance may be nice.

Re: Cork

OP, One other option is to buy a 'weekender' ticket from the train station. It costs €6.50 I think (you'll need a photo), but will reduce your fare from €59 down to €38.50. Irish rail never seem to advertise this card but as you gain back the price of it on your very first trip then I think its worth it.

Traffic at any time through Fermoy seem to be just brutal, I dont think the Fermoy bypass is open? The Mitchelstown bypass should save you a few mins alright though.

If you haven't already, I would check out if there are any concessions for OAP's travelling by train - surely there is something?

Best of luck, enjoy!

Norfbank, sorry, I think you might be right. I always thought that the weekender was the same as a student return, obviously not.

OP, forget that idea then!

Oh well. I was hoping you were right, off to Cork next weekend meself, €38 odd would have been a nice price.

thanks, im actually off to cork friday week, this weekend is the north west! i dont think im going to drive, as i thought we could just relax and enjoy the Journey!

Blue bean OAP's travel for free, lucky Mum!!!

Ryanair flights worked out pretty good for us this weekend, 1c each way, which came in around Eu45 for the 2 of us return (only booked last week).
Worth checking, depending on your dates.