Cork 11 Bar Dining Chairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

efm

Hi All,

This is quite a specific request so I'm not sure if any AAMers will be able to help.

I am looking for information on a specific type of dining room chair called a "Cork 11 bar" chair - I have googled but the results were disappointing.

If anyone is an antiques collector that knows these chairs or can point me in the online direction of more info I would be very grateful. - I'm looking for background info, where they are made, value, availability etc etc

Many thanks

efm

Try,

Morgan O'Driscoll
Ilen Street
Skibbereen
Co Cork
Ireland
Telephone 028 21183

He sold some recently.

Car,

Thanks a million for the contact - I continue to be amazed at the things people on AAM know!!!

You're not in the same business yourself by any chance?

efm

these chairs and variations thereof, 8 bar and 12 bar, were made in Cork by O'Connell's. They are very well known in Munster and much sought after. They come up from time to time in auctions and at antique dealers, mostly in the Munster area. Depending on condition, you could pay from EUR 200 to 400 each for them.

Slash,

That's excellent info as well - Do you know where I could find any more info on them? Are they still made? Was it only O'Connell's that made them? Are there imitators out there etc etc.

Thanks for the info though....every bit helps

efm

No, they are not made anymore. O'Connell's are gone out of business, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back