Copying restricted CD to iTunes

Homer

Hi There

I hope someone can help me.

My son purchased the soundtrack of The Chronicles of Narnia with the intention of transferring it to his iPod via iTunes.

When he tried to do this, it did not appear on the iTunes playlist. The back of the CD indicates that it is OK for WMA files but not for iPod/Windows. He burned a copy onto another CD, but this had the same result.

Does anyone know if there is any way that he can transfer the songs to his iPod?

All suggestions (very) gratefully received.

Regards
Homer

Rip the CD to your harddrive as WMA's using Media player. Then burn the cd to a CD Audio using Nero. Then rip the new CD to mp3 format using media player. Then copy the mp3's to your player. That worked for me on a couple of cd's.

podgerodge said:
Rip the CD to your harddrive as WMA's using Media player. Then burn the cd to a CD Audio using Nero. Then rip the new CD to mp3 format using media player. Then copy the mp3's to your player. That worked for me on a couple of cd's.

This will work but the only downside is the degradation in music quality. You are ripping a CD to one lossy format: WMA. You are then ripping again to a further lossy format, MP3. Therefore by the time the tracks get transferred to an iPod, they have been converted twice. This will have a detrimental effect on the sound quality.

That is true but I wonder could you use WMA lossless to achieve this presumably with reduced or no loss in the first conversion?

to be honest, when i ripped initially at 192 kb/s I didn't notice any degradation in the end