Copying & pasting in Excel

horse

Folks,
I'm copying and pasting files in Excel but find that the row heights don't copy exactly, what is the fix or what is the best way to copy "exactly" one sheet to another.
Regards,
Horse

Are you pasting a cell or a row?

If pasting a row, the row height should come over but not if pasting a cell.
Try right clicking on the cell you want to paste in and click paste special. Theres a few options in there.

I would be pasting a complete sheet with data to a new blank sheet, but it isn't a like for like copy.
Horse

Copy and paste the worksheet normally. Then go back to the original and copy again only, go to the new sheet you created use edit - paste special - formats - ok.
See if this works, if not let me know.

I would be pasting a complete sheet with data to a new blank sheet, but it isn't a like for like copy.
Im not sure I understand this. If you highlight a full sheet and copy, then go a new sheet and paste in, what bit isnt like for like?
The formatting should be handled as posted above using the special paste option.

Right click on the tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet (Sheet1 by default) and use the Move or Copy feature.

Hi,
I tried ASDFG's solution but was unsuccessful. What happens is that if I want to copy a group of columns and copy and paste in the normal way, the row heights in the origional do not copy. What I did do was what CAR explained was to copy the whole document which I done by pressing the cell diagionally opposite the cell a-1.This worked. - thanks for your help.
Regards,
Horse.

Back