Copycat

J

John Teabag

I'm sure you've all heard the term copycat but I'm beginning to get a little spooked by this character on the train (to Connolly Stataion) every day. I first noticed it when I bought a new jacket a few weeks back, the following week this guy had the same jacket, even the same colour. Then he comes starts wearing glasses like mine. Next thing he starts growing a moustache of similar shape to mine. Now he wears the same type of shirt.

It got serious last week when, on purpose, I wore gloves on the train. Sure enough 2 days later in he comes wearing gloves. This guy is big, overweight and intimidating looking. For 8 out of the last 10 days he has been on the same carriage as me.

I don't know if this guy is 100% and I don't think I should approach him, but whats going on here? It was amusing at first - at least to my friends - but I'm far from amused. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John

I'm not over dramatizing this, I mean could it be just coincidence? We don't look alike. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

I just wanted to know if any reader have had anything similar happen or any advice on what (if anything) I should do?

p.s. My sign-in name is related to my work but I'd rather not say anymore.

Thanks,
JT

Maybe it's your future-self, or a past-self, or maybe there's a tear in the space-time continuum and your Bizarroworld self has crossed over .

Did you want a sensible answer ?

If this is a genuine concern, stop off in Store Street before going to Connolly.

Yes ...try a David Becham style sarong and if he copies you ....phone the guards and run!

John Teabag said:
I'm sure you've all heard the term copycat but I'm beginning to get a little spooked by this character on the train (to Connolly Stataion) every day. I first noticed it when I bought a new jacket a few weeks back, the following week this guy had the same jacket, even the same colour. Then he comes starts wearing glasses like mine. Next thing he starts growing a moustache of similar shape to mine. Now he wears the same type of shirt.

It got serious last week when, on purpose, I wore gloves on the train. Sure enough 2 days later in he comes wearing gloves. This guy is big, overweight and intimidating looking. For 8 out of the last 10 days he has been on the same carriage as me.

I don't know if this guy is 100% and I don't think I should approach him, but whats going on here? It was amusing at first - at least to my friends - but I'm far from amused. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John
Have you heard of these things called mirrors?

John Teabag said:

Thanks,
John

John, are we related ??

He can't reply in 'Shooting the Breeze' - he only has 2 posts and hasn't posted anything since this thread.

He either didn't appreciate the ribbing or has been bumped off by a 'double' agent! :D

dodo said:
Its not your reflection by any chance

In a 100 metre race Clubman would be nearing the finish line while you were on the blocks looking around to see where you heard the gunshot from ;)

Back