Copy & paste with laptop

IrishGunner

ok got the laptop but how to you copy and paste ???

I know its cntrl c to copy and then cntrl v to paste

However I want to highlight a word and then paste it and with no mouse still trying to figure it out

probably simple but how ?

You mean using a touchpad? Move the cursor to the word and double tap the touchpad or left touchpad button to select it. Alternatively move the cursor to the start of the text that you want to select, press (and keep pressed) the Shift key and then tap at the end of the block of text that you want to select to select the lot. Does that make sense?

All the above work perfectly, but personally I always place the curser at the start of the text I want, press the left touchpad button and keep it pressed until I've selected the text I want, then release it... the text will remain highlighted until you click the left button (or double tap the touch pad).

Then, while it's highlighted, you can...
Ctrl C
go to "Edit > Copy"
or else right click (with the curser over the highlighted area) and select copy.

What sort of "box"? :confused: To drag and drop something select it by highighting it or just left clicking on it, keep the left button pressed and then use the touchpad to manipulate/move it to the destination. Touchpads take a little bit of dexterity but you should get used to it. Some people don't though and stick to a mouse.

What sort of "box"? :confused: To drag and drop something select it by highighting it or just left clicking on it, keep the left button pressed and then use the touchpad to manipulate/move it to the destination. Touchpads take a little bit of dexterity but you should get used to it. Some people don't though and stick to a mouse.

a box like task manager box etc just trying to get use to touchpad on laptop.

Back