Coppinger estate - Blackrock/Stillorgan?

sahm2

Hi,

Would be really grateful to receive any thoughts or comments on the Coppinger estate - local schools and transport links.
The Dart seems a good walk away and am wondering if it is an area with alot of rental.

We are not from Dublin and would really appreciate thoughts.

Thankyou.

I would have thought it was a great location, had reason to call to someone living there once, but am not familiar with the estate as regards numbers of people renting and the general profile of residents.

However it's a short walk to Stillorgan village which has Dublin Bus's "flagship" 46a route running through it, and it's also close to Blackrock on the other side via Carysfort Avenue.

I know there are loads of schools around but can't remember them all, primary wise there's certainly St Bridgets on the N11 and Guardian Angels on Newtownpark Avenue, Holy Cross on Upper Kilmacud Rd., sorry don't remember about denominations.

Secondary schools for girls include St Raphaelas, Sion Hill, Colaiste Iosagain (Gaelscoil), Loreto Foxrock via the 46a.
Boys' secondary schools that I recall are Oatlands, St. Benildus, Colaiste Eoin (Gaelscoil) beside Colaiste Iosagain. CBC Monkstown (also with primary) can be got to via the 46a and Blackrock College is very doable from that area if you fancy the fees which I think are amongst the highest around.
Mixed school on Newtownpark Avenue is Newpark Comprehensive, and not too far away on Booterstown Avenue is St Andrews.
There are a few places catering for special needs.
All in all I would think it's an area offering a huge "choice" of schools. I've put "choice" in quotes as there are no guarantees of places anywhere.

Hope this is of some use. I'd certainly recommend having a wander around the area to see what you think.

i lived in this estate for 3 years. would not recommend it for the following reasons

1. very small front and back gardens
2. very narrow side passage
3. you can hear EVERYTHING in the house next door and i mean everything, when in bed i could hear my neighbours talking, not shouting, talking
4. full of renters
5. people parking to walk to the 46a
6. master bedroom size ok, second bedroom size quite small, box rooms are TINY

Last edited:
Thanks so much!
Really appreciate this honest advice.

We are thinking of looking away from this estate now.