Coolgreaney, Co. Wexford / Wicklow

C

COR8

Hi

We (myself, hubby and three young kids) are planning a move to Coolgreaney village which is located between Arklow and Gorey. We found a house we love within walking distance to the village school, shop and pubs and think it's ideal but we don't know much about the area. Anyone got any opinions / experience they could share?

I'll be communting to Dublin 3/4 days a week and also working from home the other day but we are really moving for a complete change in lifestyle i.e. in a detached house in the country rather than living in a busy Dublin suburb. I'm really excited about being close to the beach and the mountains and feel it'll be a much better place for our boys to grow up but we don't know much about the local area or what it's like to live there. Would be grateful for any advice. Many thanks.

I don't know much about it, but I can't let your post go unanswered. Its a small friendly village, if not very aesthetically pleasing.

Very good GAA for boys, although they may need to go to Arklow/Gorey for other interests. Good, small primary school. Secondary can be a problem as the school is a feeder for Gorey Community, and many parents feel the school is too big.

You will be forever on the road bringing children to activities, but that is to be expected in any village. With the Gorey bypass open, popping to Gorey or Arklow for shopping (new shopping centres in both) should be a breeze, and the commute will be easier.

Have to agree with SarahMc, it's not the most asthetic of villages. That said the commute to south dublin is not that bad. One thing to remember is that as far as I can recall Gorey Secondary School has stopped taking kids fom Coolgreaney NS so that might be of interest.

Hi SarahMc and Cruchan09

Thanks for your input. Have noted your comments about the secondary schools but overall doesn't sound too bad. Think we'll go for it.

Kind regards