coolant expansion tank emptying..Why?

grahamo

Hi all,
Maybe someone out there can help. Car is 2005 Suzuki Grand Vitara 2.0 petrol. about a month ago I noticed the coolant expansion tank was empty so refilled it. Rechecked about a week later and coolant level was fine. checked again today and coolant was empty. I checked the oil and its fine, I looked in the radiator and its full. There's no sign of coolant on the driveway or anything. Where's my coolant going? Is it evaporating? Is it a leak?

Check inside the car for any signs of dampness on the floor underneath the dash board could be the heater rad leaking.

Check inside the car for any signs of dampness on the floor underneath the dash board could be the heater rad leaking.
That may be it. I noticed this morning the carpet on the passenger side seems to be a bit damp. It must be a pinhole leak somewhere. Would radseal fix this?

That may be it. I noticed this morning the carpet on the passenger side seems to be a bit damp. It must be a pinhole leak somewhere. Would radseal fix this?

damp passenger footwell could be caused by the pollen filter or pollen filter housing. however i'm not sure if the pollen filter is on the passenger side of the engine bay on the vitara.might be worth checking this.