cookies

S

sunrock

I recently lifted my restriction on cookies but now realise this was a mistake as my avg free anti virus is scanning them as threats,
It was a dialog box with the option of resticting or unresticting in a drop down menu.How do navigate to this option?

i did the same thing once and all i had to do was go to tools.......internet options.........click on the security tab......and then click restore all zones to default settings. After i did that everything was fixed. Not sure if this is the same thing that you were talking about but it's worth a try.

I seem to be stuck at the "custom level" box.Doesn`t respond when I press the default box.

On my computer after i click the default button all i do is click on the ok button. Not alot does happen when you click the default button the computer does it all for you.

If that still isn't working then sorry i'm out of ideas, thats the oly way i know of how to do it.

Hope it gets sorted out for you.

Even resetting to default settings will allow cookies to be stored and some, not all, of these will be determined by AVG to be tracking cookies (which are used for profiling you and your internet usage). IMO, the best solution is to use Firefox which allows you to select which domains you accept cookies from (and whether they are accepted for the session or permanently) and blocks all others.

Back