Cookies Problem

majee

Have an issue doing online purchasing lately. When I try to buy something by adding to shopping basket it prompts me to ' please enable cookies in your web browser to continue'. I've gone into Internet Options-> Advanced-> and looked for a line for 'Always Accept cookies' but that option does not appear to be available to me. In fact there seems to be no mention of cookies at all. Is it there under a different guise?
Any help appreciated. Next step is down to the computer shop as Mrs Majee is losing patience.

Are you using Internet Explorer 7?

If so, you need to go to Internet Options -> Privacy -> Advanced, where you can override the automatic cookie handling and always allow session cookies.

After all that, I think I'll go to the biscuit tin.....!!

yeah think its explorer 7 alright. Thats the ploblem though gipimann - see no mention of cookies at all on the whole list when I scroll down.

I used to be an IE junkie but am now a Firefox fanatic.

I would never go back to IE.

Try your purchasing with Firefox.

I just had a look through ie and also could not find it. I use opera it has an email programme built in which downloads my email automaticaly I can also use it to send emails. it also has a quick dial fuction which you can assign to your most frequently visited sites one click then takes you there
anyway back to internet explorer check out the following

Change your privacy settings
Cookies are files that are stored on your computer by some websites. They're usually used to keep track of information about you (for example, your user name, password, or the contents of your shopping cart). Internet Explorer privacy settings let you specify which cookies you want to allow to be stored on your computer.

To change your privacy settings

In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
Click the Privacy tab, and then move the slider to the level of privacy you prefer.
Select this To specify this
Block All Cookies Cookies from all websites will be blocked.
Cookies that are already on your computer cannot be read by websites.

High Cookies from all websites that do not have a compact policy (a condensed, computer-readable privacy statement) will be blocked.
Cookies from all websites that use information that can be used to contact you without your explicit consent will be blocked.

Medium High Cookies from third-party websites that do not have a compact policy (a condensed, computer-readable privacy statement) will be blocked.
Cookies from third-party websites that use information that can be used to contact you without your explicit consent will be blocked.
Cookies from first-party websites that use information that can be used to contact you without your implicit consent will be blocked.

Medium Cookies from third-party websites that do not have a compact policy (a condensed, computer-readable privacy statement) will be blocked.
Cookies from third-party websites that use information that can be used to contact you without your implicit consent will be blocked.
Cookies from first-party websites that use information that can be used to contact you without your implicit consent will be deleted from your computer when you close Internet Explorer.

Low Cookies from third-party websites that do not have a compact policy (a condensed, computer-readable privacy statement) will be blocked.
Cookies from third-party websites that use information that can be used to contact you without your implicit consent will be deleted from your computer when you close Internet Explorer.

Accept All Cookies All websites will be allowed to save cookies on your computer.
Cookies that are already on your computer can be read by the websites that created them.

Notes

A first-party website is the website that you are currently viewing. A third-party website is a website other than the one you are currently viewing. Third-party websites usually provide some content on the website you are currently viewing. For example, many sites use advertising from third-party websites and those third-party websites might use cookies.
Some websites require cookies. If you select a privacy setting that does not allow cookies to be saved on your computer, you might not be able to view certain websites.
When you change your privacy settings, the changes might not affect cookies that are already on your computer. To help ensure that all of the cookies on your computer meet your privacy settings, you should delete all of the existing cookies on your computer. When you return to websites that previously had saved cookies on your computer, the websites that meet your privacy settings will save cookies on your computer again. The websites that do not meet your privacy settings will not be allowed to save cookies on your computer. For information about how to delete cookies, click Related Topics.
You can specify custom privacy settings for websites. For more information, click Related Topics.