Conviction as a result of driving in a bus lane?

FTB1975

Hi,

A couple of years ago I was caught driving in the bus lane, expected to receive a fine but heard nothing until a summons was received after the court appearance date had passed!

At the time I contacted the Fines Office and the Dublin District Court and explained the situation and paid the fine and thought that was the end of it.

However it now appears the offence stands as a conviction and I only found out through the process of Garda Vetting. didn't disclose the conviction because I was unaware of it at the time of completing the garda Vetting form.

Is there anyway I can get this cancelled?

Which do you want cancelled ? Surely not the conviction - what's to stop anyone from cancelling convictions ?

(FWIW, doubt it can be done - professional bodies do make the distinction when asking if people have convictions, and if they are traffic-convictions)

It can't be cancelled as you were convicted of an offence.

We have had few people where the case was thrown out of court and they were shocked it came back on the report. It will always appear so you will have to declare it and provide the potential employer with the outcome.

Hi,

A couple of years ago I was caught driving in the bus lane, expected to receive a fine but heard nothing until a summons was received after the court appearance date had passed!

At the time I contacted the Fines Office and the Dublin District Court and explained the situation and paid the fine and thought that was the end of it.

However it now appears the offence stands as a conviction and I only found out through the process of Garda Vetting. didn't disclose the conviction because I was unaware of it at the time of completing the garda Vetting form.

Is there anyway I can get this cancelled?

No, it can't be done (unless you are a TD)

Back