Converting VHS to DVD?

Yoltan

I'm looking for help regarding converting video tapes to disc. I have hours of old home movies and recently lost a family member so this is something that's very important to me and I'd like to spend time doing it myself. Is it better to buy a dvd recorder or buy a vhs/dvd combi? I'm basically looking for the easiest way to do it. I have read that it's as simple as connecting the vcr to dvd via a scart lead. Is this correct? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Buy a dual VHS /DVD player.It will save you all the hassle.
When you have that done ask again.

Maplin have a box with a VHS player and DVD recorder integrated. Just put in a tape and blank DVD and off you go.

I've done it going from a VHS player to my Sony DVD recorder using just scart and it worked fine.

I've done it using just a scart also, or possibly even just the normal coax cable and my cheapo Panasonic DVD recorder.

It's easy - pretty much just push play on the video and push the record button on the DVD and you're done.

It helps to have everything cabled up correctly, but it's pretty straight forward. The DVD doesn't know what it's recording - all it knows is to record 'channel whatever' or the signal from the scart interface. It doesn't know whether this is your home movies, RTE or whatever else is coming down the cable.

z