Converting from .m4a to .mp3/wma

WarrenBuffet

Hi,

My brother recently got a Creative Zen Nano for Xmas and as always I have been lumbered with setting it up, (and am under no small amount of pressure to do so!!).

My problem is that I have a good bit of music in .m4a format but the Creative Zen Nano will only recognise .mp3 and WMA files. Can any of you technobuffs suggest how i might convert .m4a into either .mp3 or wma files? (without buying professional converter software)

I've tried a few apps I found on the internet., but invariably the trial versions are limited to a few conversions...... Does anyone know where i could find an easy to use, free converter that should do the job for me and get the brother off my case!

Thanks for any help,
WB

Thanks for that Clubman.....very quick reply!

I had tried googling but I am afraid any of the programs i may download could have hidden viruses attached. Maybe i am being paranoid but i am not really that familiar with that kind of stuff. Would you have any idea of a fairly reputable site from where i could get a converter?

Thanks,
WB

[broken link removed] seems to get mentioned on a few different sites as a useful free one for M4A to MP3. Browse around for other recommendations for this one and to double check that it's not spyware or whatever. Make sure that your spyware and virus scanners are up to date when downloading any new software just in case.

I can recommend [broken link removed]. The only restriction on the free version is that you can't queue more than 5 files at a time, afaik.

Itunes will do this. right click any song (group of songs) and choose convert to mp3

lynchtp said:
Itunes will do this. right click any song (group of songs) and choose convert to mp3

BTW This probably only works if you set your default importing format to MP3 in the first place under Edit -> Preference -> Advanced -> Importing.