Converting from .doc To PDF

BobbyFowler

Isn't there a facility that when using Mircosoft Word, that you can convert your file to a PDF? I've got a Word File Open, I go to File > Print & then I pick Adobe PDF from the Printer Names. I then save the file in a folder. The default option is Save as Type "Printer File". If i do this it won't open. If I Save as Type "All Files" and call it sales.pdf it has the correct icon, but when I go to open it - actually hang on, it now saves as sales.pdf.prn. I've made a few changes so it's worse than it was. Is there a straight forward way of setting this up so it works?

I've seen the free options out there. Just wanted to be sure it's not bundled in before I spend a few euro extra. What exactly is the option I'm using then - on my old PC I used to do this & it worked a treat. I presumed it's something on my settings I need to change.

Went onto www.primopdf.com (saw it mentioned on another thread) & downloaded that. Didn't fancy paying for anything & was happy that they don't seem to leave their logo on the PDF's.

You could by Adobe Writer which is expensive but defiently the best for the job. Allows much more edit capability etc.

Back