Converting downstairs toilet to utility room costs?

webbs

We are thinking of converting our downstairs toilet to a utility/larder. The house is only a couple of years old.

This would involve blocking up the door to the hall, (wall there is stud wall), and creating an opening for door into kitchen (solid wall so assume its load bearing though not sure).

Obviously we want the toilet to be taken out and capped and then plumbing for washing machine installed and electric points put in.

As have had no experience with builders costs in Ireland what would I be looking at for a ball park figure.

And yes I know if we came to sell the house I assume that it would have to be put back to a toilet.

I am not sure if I understand your reasoning - why would you remove a toilet (which in a family home adds a huge amount of value) and then have to add it back in?

If there is no toilet under the stairs it might be a good idea to put one under there...

We have no intention of selling for a long time it just makes more sense space wise for us to have the utility space (we have no space to put extension on), I understand that toilet would be necessary if we sold but that could be 10yrs +. We already have 3 other bathrooms.

I would imagine it would come in under E1,500 - unless fancy foor/wall tiles.