Converting a Facebook page from personal to fanpage?

Betsy Og

Hi,

Am involved with a) a club and b) a fundraiser. Set up 2 pages as if they were people. Am a bit nervous as there are now young "friends" and I'd rather not have, theoretically at least, access to their pages.

Anyone know if you can convert a page from a person to a fanpage and convert "friends" to "fans" - hopefully without having to start again from scratch?

Thanks,

I may be wrong but as someone who works in setting up fan pages and business pages for companies I don't believe this is possible.
How about you create a fanpage as an addition to your own page and encourage others to join?

That is the only way I can think right now unfortunately.

I managed to create the fanpage off my own page. Now how do I "defriend" people from the original "person page" I set up?

The plan would be to defriend people as they become fans, rather than defriend everyone in one go and possibly lose transitioners.

If/once I get everyone changed over, how do I close that original friend account?

Thanks.

How did you create the fanpage from you own page Besty Og? Would be interested in doing this too

When you go the the facebook.com page, down the bottom it asks if you want to create a fanpage (or something like that), then it asks if you are already on facebook, you enter your facebook details and then the fanpage "attaches" to your own page. i.e. you are the administrator of it - at least until you authorise another fan to also be an administrator.

I managed to create the fanpage off my own page. Now how do I "defriend" people from the original "person page" I set up?

The plan would be to defriend people as they become fans, rather than defriend everyone in one go and possibly lose transitioners.

If/once I get everyone changed over, how do I close that original friend account?

Thanks.

Sorry missed this. Well done on getting the fan page. In the personal page you will need to visit all the friends pages and click unfriend on the left hand side. It may be an idea to click block as well this means no one will have any way to contact the original account.
Then click top right account- account settings - deactivate account (bottom of the list)

I hope this helps

Back