Contributory pension and IQA - ownership house

Beate1961

Hi,

My husband is in the throws of filling out an application for Contributory Pension reaching the age of 66 soon (he is self-employed). I have had no earnings last year and he is adding me for an increase as a Qualified Adult. In part 7 question 47 it asks whether I own or share ownership of a property other than our home. He has a cottage which is in his name, which he rented out to a young man on disability for a very low rent. Can I take it that I do not own or share in the ownership of this property for the purpose of getting an Increase on his pension as a Qualified Adult? My name is not on the deeds, as he bought this property before I met him. We do own our home jointly.

Thanks for any advice offered.

Regards

Beate

Correct. Only assets in your name or 50% of jointly held assets (excluding family home) are relevant for the "means test?". The first€20k is ignored.

Correct. Only assets in your name or 50% of jointly held assets (excluding family home) are relevant for the "means test?". The first€20k is ignored.
Thanks Conan, much appreciate it you taking the time to reply. Kind regards, Beate

Back