Contractor for Insulation inside of external walls.

Bumper22

Does anyone have the name of an insulation contractor who can give us a quote to insulate the inside of our external walls. (Kooltherm or Xtratherm insulated plasterboard). When we make enquiries, they always seem to say they only work with builders as subby's. Dublin, Wicklow area.
Thanks

I had a terrible time with condensation as my house is made from solid concrete. The best quote and the cheapest by a mile was from a company called Killeen Plastering.

The bolted on the insulated plasterboard and then skimmed all in the price. They were very quick, very professional and lovely guys. Came when they said they would, finished in time and gave me some good advise on other potential projects.

Ciaran Killeen 087 7655843

Hi Dutchy,

I am not sure of the spec. It was approx 2 to 2.5 inches thick with a foil backing to it. Ciaran used circular bolts (inch wide) which were drilled and then knocked into place. He used fibre glass mesh on the joins and where the bolts were. They then skimmed all of the plaster board. On the inside edges of the windows he used single ordinary plasterboard.

I have some small peices of the plasterboard around I could email a photo to you.

The quotes I had from all the local plasterers were talking about slabbing the boards and putting tape on the joins. Skimming was going to be extra.

When I went for a quote from all of the plasters including Ciaran, I explained about the condensation and asked them to recommend a course of action.

Also barr two, none of the 6 plasterers who quoted I would have felt comfortable with in my home.

Give Ciaran a ring (I have no connection whatso ever with him) and he will be able to advise you. He is based in Leixslip.

Thanks Butterflyj

This helps. Our builder was trying to get us to go a different route for insulation using metal frames to hold in the insulation, but yesterday we convinced him to use the approach you mentioned above. Thanks for all your info.

Back