continental airlines

The biggest issue that stops me flying CO trans-Atlantic is they use narrow bodied aircraft. Generally 6 seats per row, three either side of a single aisle. To me that is too cramped. We fly almost exclusively Delta to the US, 2 aisles mean seats are normally 2-3-2 which makes moving about much easier, and if you're travelling as a couple it means you can avoid the middle seat issue by choosing seats on a side with 2 seats.

But I say that as someone who never sleeps on a plane, I would hate people having to climb over me to get to the toilet, or being stuck in a middle seat.

Newark is a good airport to transfer through if you're flying elsewhere in the US..its not as busy as Atlanta or JFK.

Not my favourite airline. Too cramped for such a relatively long trip. But as other poster said, they did have good connections.

We went with Continental last year from Shannon-Newark-Orlando. Found them great. Very comfortable, had seat back entertainment with 40 or so movies and loads of tv shows, music etc. Food was fine for airplane food, free soft drinks(alcohol has to be paid for by cc or vouchers that you buy in advance), staff were nice. Overall no complaints and I'd be happy to fly with them again.

Hello Rubyred, We flew with both Continental and Delta and had no issues with either. Watch a movie, Read a bit and walk the aisle every hour or so and before you know it your there, Enjoy your trip.

guys thanks a mill for all replys hopefully all will go plan really appericate it =)

The biggest issue that stops me flying CO trans-Atlantic is they use narrow bodied aircraft. Generally 6 seats per row, three either side of a single aisle. To me that is too cramped.

+1, you can't walk around and do a "lap" as it has only 1 aisle. Unlike A Lingus which flies Airbus and has 2 aisles. I didn't find the flight comfortable at all, big backpacks crammed into the overhead lockers.

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=141337&highlight=continental

oh well its booked with them now dunno what to think now thanks guys tho for feedback

oh well its booked with them now dunno what to think now thanks guys tho for feedback

I have flown Aer Lingus, Delta and Continental and without doubt would put CO above the others, with Delta coming way,way down the list.

VAOD system, food very palatable and staff friendly.

All flights direct to the US clear immigration, customs and agri at Dublin airport. It's like you are in a mini America.
I have flown Continental few times and find them very good.
I personally cannot stand when people are walking about the plane so the aisle thing doesn't bother me.

i've flown with them twice to Las Vegas and found them to be fairly decent. They used to let you book the exit seats for free but they charge now. Plenty of good films to keep you occupied aswell.

I have flown on them, and my only gripe was the space isuse re the single aisles. If they are serving beverages or dinner, and you want to get up to stretch your legs or go to bathroom, you can't, not until the cart has passed up by. With Aer Lingus and Delta, they have double aisles, so you can go up one and down the other if need be.

Would anyone take them if they didn't have the cheapest fares. I takethem to Newark I getwhat I paid for - I arrived there safe - but not with any comfort. The staff act like they want to be anywhere but there. One very heavy woman (hostess) stormed up and down the isle banging into seats and people without an apology. I'd probably take them again for the price I rather spend the money on good hotel when I get to my destination but certainly not for the service and the welcome. In my estimation Ryanair give 5* service compared to them.