Contents when buying a house

ULS

I am currently buying a house and description included integrated units in kitchen I assumed this meant integrated appliances. The vendor is looking for €1500 for the fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, oven and hob. I thought the oven and hob would be part of the fittings for the house and should not be removed. My solicitor has never heard of anyone removing them or charging extra for these particular items is this the case?

Haven't come across this either buying or selling. But the estate agents have always been clear in saying what was included when we were buying and asked us and wrote down the answer when selling. Whatever about a free-standing fridge, oven and hob seems like trying it on. When offered some large pieces of furniture in a house in the past, we said a price and that was accepted. Many people when moving can't be bothered taking bulky items that may not fit new dimensions/decor.

I have seen people taking their appliances but they must state this in the brochure beforehand. The EA should have advised you of this. Sometimes it's handy to buy the appliances from somebody as they are already fitted etc. but for €1,500 you have to weigh up whether it would be better to buy new appliances which will come with a five year or so guarantee and which may be more energy efficient than the ones already fitted.

Back