Consumer rights with tracksuit - where do we go next?

breda mcevoy

Hi folks
We bought an Adidas tracksuit in a sports retailer in the Square in Tallaght(LS) on 10 December 2017, we didn't check the tracksuit in detail as we presumed it would be perfect. 11 year old wore it to school on Monday 12 December 2017 and when he returned we noticed a mark (similar to a burn mark on the inside leg. We thought it might be a scuff from school but there was no outside playing that day so we looked closer , it looks like a manufacturing fault or to be honest an imperfect item sold as a 2nd's. We took it back to LS and they refused to take it back saying it was a damage by the child. I asked could they send it to Adidas as we felt it was a manufacturing problem, they said no. I asked could they give me Adidas address and they said no.

What do we do next as we bought it in LS and we seem to have no option albeit the tracksuit was damaged prior to purchase.
ps Its not the cost and we definitely believe its a product flaw or damage that arose prior to our purchase , its more about the consumer having some recourse when we discover something.
Advice gratefully received

Thanks , I will give them a try. Pretty disappointed in LS customer service given they are a big retailer. I know they probably get lots of people trying it on but we didn't want a credit or money back ,just wanted the tracksuit without a blemish. Will let you know how we get on.

Your honesty is probably your downfall.

You told them that the child wore the tracksuit and that you noticed the mark subsequently.

Back