Consumer Rights concerning stones

alert

Hello,

We are currently getting our gate piers built. Yesterday, the Stone mason alerted us to the poor quality of stone we had delivered, (at 6am one dark morning?).

I immediately contacted the stone providers, they seem quite reluctant to exchange the stones for better quality, I am assuming that consumer laws concerning dissatisfaction with goods provided covers me, .. or am I wrong?

I would appreciate if anyone could clarify this before I have to get shirty with them.

Thank you,

ALERT>

If you were delivered something (lower quality) that you did not order or the stuff delivered is not fit for the purposes for which it was sold etc. then you are entitled to have this rectified. www.consumerconnect.ie has information on your consumer rights.

I'd get more specific details off your stone mason if possible - ask him what exactly you should say to the suppliers regarding the quality.

It's difficult to be objectively dissatisfied unless you have some kind of quality yardstick. Aside from commenting on the poor quality, what is your stonemason's position? - is he claiming, for example, that the stone is 'unworkable'?

I am assuming that consumer laws concerning dissatisfaction with goods provided covers me, .. or am I wrong?
Just to be clear, there are no consumer laws regarding dissatisfaction. Dissatisfaction does not create an entitlement to a refund.

If the goods are not of merchantable quality, or not fit for the purpose sold, then you have a right to repair/replace/refund.

You'll need to get specifics from your stone mason, and you'll need to show that you ordered to a particular specification or for a specific purpose.