Consultation Fee

HankReardon

Hi I was wondering if anyone would know how much a consultation fee for a very good firm, possibly one of the big four is?

Or / also, could anyone recommend a firm?

I'm seeking guidence on an issue relating to a loan and the challenging of it.

Bit vague but appreciate any replies.

Thanks.

I've seen loans challenged successfully without any firm, there is a process can be followed but a bit of knowledge is needed

Thanks.

This is something which is not straight forward though and professional advice is needed. Even when that advice is given it's unlikely that we will proceed. However, I'm going to follow this up as I'd like to satisfy this train of thought on this matter.

Any idea of fee?

I think it would depend on who you saw, for example senior partner, assistant solicitor etc. I have no idea what the big 4 charge per hour but think solicitors on average charge about €250 an hour. If you ring to enquire you'll be told how much you should budget.

Partner rates in the top 4 are €400-€500 per hour. You can negotiate, of course. Any one of the top tier firms would be qualified to advise.

Rates at the Top 4 are between €350 and €500 an hour depending on level of solicitor. If you litigate, some charge a separate fee for going to Court and if you do so, a barrister(s) (Junior and Senior Counsel) would have to be instructed and you would have to factor those costs in as well. As I don't know the full extent of your challenge against the loan, I would recommend that you weigh up the commercial factor before running down to Court i.e. will you end up spending more money on fees than what the actual loan is worth. Good luck.