Constant Phone Call from UK

roker

Has anyone else got this problem? Every 2 days I get a phone call from the UK, same number, but when I answer, it always cuts off. I returned the call once, and got a recorded message but could not understand it.

If someone was genuinely trying to contact me they would not disconnect, or leave a message, it appears to be an automatic system

Has anyone else got this problem? Every 2 days I get a phone call from the UK, same number, but when I answer, it always cuts off. I returned the call once, and got a recorded message but could not understand it.

Check your bill. It could be a high rate number you dialled back. Slim

I was getting UK calls last year from SKY selling an upgrade and also some research company. I noticed that if I didn't get the call, the call ended prior to the answering machine going on.

I think these callers are kind of auto diallers that diall a number, but are programmed hang up if they don't get an answer. If you answer, the call is transferred to an operator. I eventually got thro to both SKY and the research company and had my number removed.

Thanks I googled it, a lot of people have had this that signed up to betting, its called Betfair, I did not sign up to anything, I text them to stop but it did not deliver