Consolidating debts

Kildare123

Can anyone help me?

I currently have about €13,000 outstanding on a personal loan and €7,000 on my credit card. What is the best way to reduce my monthly outgoings on these 2? It has been suggested that I put them into my mortgage but I dont want to pay these loans off over the next 17 years?

Anyone else been through this exercise??

the start of this year i consolidated my personal loan into mortgage on the terms that personal loan will be cleared in 5yr duration... ask for the similar possibility with the bank/building society...

yes, i thought so as well.. but the bank's mortgage adviser himself offered this solution and i was too happy to grab... in reality its not worth paying a personal loan over 30 years... as u seem to know that we end up paying more interest

Hi, that's interesting. I heard before about putting all debts on the mortgage due to interest but like Kidare I didn't want to pay over 30 years.

Can I ask for some advice then please, I have a copious amount owed out to various banking institutions and it is getting out of control due to wedding, new build, living expense costs etc. I deal with IIB for mortgage, PTSB for my own wages (personal account 4 car loan, insurance etc), Halifax for our joint account (so all our bills come out of this account and the Credit union for our wedding loan. I also owe my sister €9,000. Is there any recommendations here re managing accounts or is this correct?Just my wages are just covering all bills and leaving me with a few euro for the month which I then have to spend on food and petrol. I wish I was still a child!

Abbica you need to create your own post and preferable in the money makeover section (with a lot more detail) in order to get proper replies.

i think its crazy that you need a loan to get married....great start to your marriage..debt...wake up and get real about yourself

Back